Thursday, October 19, 2006

"The Beginning of the End of America"

If you have a few minutes, I'd suggest watching this clip from Countdown with Keith Olbermann. It's an excellent and powerful piece of oration. Maurizio Viroli would be proud.

Among his points was one I didn't consider in my post yesterday, regarding the implications of suspending habeas corpus for non-citizens: "If you are pulled off the street tomorrow and they called you an alien or an undocumented immigrant or an unlawful enemy combatant, exactly how are you going to convince them to give you a court hearing to prove you are not?"

--

In other news, I found out that the first website I checked every morning in the summer and fall of 2004 is back up - this time tracking the Senate races.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home